Monday, January 31, 2011

Thing a week, week 4 and 5

Ha! Already I am slacking with blogging about my Thing a Week creations. Sadly this probably is a forewarning of things to come this year. If I may predict: I will not manage to do all my THaWs, I will definitely not blog about all of them, and if I have any readers then they will be lucky if I blog about anything else in between. But making jewelry is always priority number 1, and blogging will always be priority number, well.

So this post will show you two THaWs, number 4 and number 5, which is nice for you because looking at pictures is always nicer than reading text by someone who obviously has no significant writing skills.

THaW 4 is this turquoise ring with a little leaf. These leaves have grown on me. I use them as details in a lot of my jewelry. They are the perfect size and have the perfect little leaf structure for being a great little decoration that goes with a lot of things. The stone is a high quality turquoise that I managed to snatch up from Lapidarious before anyone else had the chance. It's rare to find natural untreated and high quality turquoise nowadays - usually you don't know what you buy, so this is a true gem!
THaW2011-4
THaW 5 is another ring (yes, next time I'll try to make something else, but I do love rings) that looks like a stacking ring but isn't. Stacking rings are immensely popular and I understand why. You can combine them just the way you like them, adding a personal touch to your jewelry. For me, as a jewelry maker, stacking rings are difficult terrain. Whatever I do I will make something that someone else has already made. You could say that this goes for any jewelry item, and it does, to some extent, but the stacking ring is a very limited area with relatively narrow space for letting imagination flow. Hence this stacking ring illusion. You can find both rings in my Etsy shop.
THaW2011-5

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful rings Esme. That turquoise is definitely very sweet and the touch with the leaf is just perfect. I love seeing all your new creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool rings Esme- I love your illusion stack ring! You're absolutely right about no room for imagination with stack rings, but I do love all the pretty stones and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rings, Esme!! Yup, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful work as always, Esme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new rings, Esme. Great work.

    ReplyDelete